- Survey scripting: Responsible for programming a wide range of survey types/complexities/methodologies, developing custom features, communication, and meeting deadlines for assigned work.
- Provide a project overview by pro-actively looking at all aspects including design, programming, data collection, reporting and data delivery, understanding how all of these aspects interact and influence each other and provide feedback.
- Outline and deliver accurate timelines for the work involved.
- Quality assurance support: Conduct initial test on surveys to ensure the highest level of quality (logic testing and debugging), investigate and resolve programming issues. Confirm that aspects, such as validation, routing and hidden questions, are implemented where necessary.
- Programming production applications: Build and support internal production applications for the operations departments and analytical teams.
- Data management: Manage data and work with associated data deliverables using various tools such as SQL Server Management Studio 2008, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SPSS Survey Reporter.
- Continued improvement by developing capabilities; this includes improving own programming skills and ability.
- Learn about and collaborate with operational and analytic teams to understand both internal and external client needs; provide insight as to how those goals and challenges may be solved.
- Special projects as required.
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Regular attendance.
Candidates for this position should have the following qualifications:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1-5 years of work experience; can include internships or significant school project work
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrable communication skills both written and verbal. The ability to explain technical points to non-technical people
- An understanding of market research principles so that candidate may leverage technical skills to enhance/improve work flow is a plus
- Understanding of programming standards; strong logic and problem solving skills
- Experience working in VBScript
- Some experience writing Transact-SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers; Some experience using SSMS and/or Microsoft Access. Knowledge of unstructured data principles, such as MongoDB, is a plus
- Some experience working with high-level programming languages such as .NET C# or Java
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Adobe Photoshop, Flash, XML, web services
WORKING CONDITION AND BENEFITS
Casual office environment. May require some travel to client sites. Competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, FSA/HSA, DCA, 401(k) with employer match and excellent PTO.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to email@example.com and include "Programmer" in the subject line.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.