C+R Research is looking for a Qualitative Research Director for our Qualitative Research department in our Chicago, IL office. The Qualitative Research Director will coordinate, conduct and execute qualitative research projects; work in conjunction with other experienced moderators and field support staff to design and manage client research projects; take ownership of entire research projects, from research design & proposal through written analysis/reporting/presentation; as well as develop and maintain client relationships through providing strong analytic insight and reports.
- Respond to client Request for Proposal (RFP) through a written proposal that outlines a recommended research design, methodology, timing and costs.
- Develop and apply qualitative research methods to address marketing issues.
- Manage qualitative research projects by interfacing with Field Department staff to develop screening questionnaires, coordinate respondent recruitment, select research sites and assemble project materials.
- Develop discussion guides, stimuli, homework assignments and other project materials, as warranted, on individual projects.
- Set up, conduct and manage focus groups, IDIs, in-home interviews, shop-alongs and other qualitative projects.
- Develop written reports and analyses based on interview transcripts/video, diaries/journals, and other data.
- Develop final reports including: presentation set-up, data analysis and editorial write-up. This will also include writing conclusions and identifying opportunities or recommendations that address our clients' business issues.
- Attend client meetings and presentations as needed.
- Contribute to the overall organization by contributing ideas and suggestions for improving C+R's processes and/or products and services.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about clients' businesses, industries and/or customers
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
- Share knowledge and experience with C+R staff.
- Special projects as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of hands-on experience conducting qualitative research projects for CPG clients.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaker a plus.
- Multi-cultural, innovation, kids/teens, online/mobile qualitative, B2B, and Medical/health industry experience a plus.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative methods and technologies.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (particularly Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- A proven record of exemplary client service.
- Ability to juggle numerous concurrent projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A passion for consumer research.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Communications or other related field.
WORKING CONDITION AND BENEFITS
Office environment. Travel to fieldwork and client sites (moderate to heavy). This is not a remote position and candidates must be based in the Chicago area. Competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, FSA/HSA, DCA, 401(k) with employer match and excellent PTO.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements or history to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Qualitative Research Director" in the subject line.
C+R Research provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, C+R Research complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
C+R Research expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
No 3rd party applications will be considered.